Are you looking for an opportunity to help make seniors lives easier? Do you like to make people smile and know your work is appreciated? Do you like to the ability to work when it fits your schedule? Or how about just meeting some genuinely nice clients?
If this sounds interesting, then consider joining the Better at Home team as a housekeeper. The goal of the Better at Home program is to provide non-medical services to support seniors living in their own homes for as long as possible. As a housekeeper, you will be an integral part of the Better at Home team meeting the needs of seniors in Granisle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide light housekeeping services to seniors who are living independently in their own homes. This is a part time position with flexible hours based on the needs of the clients and your schedule. Visits to clients home typically are 1 to 2 hours. The housekeeper works under the direction of the Better at Home Program Coordinator. Services provided may include:
- Cleaning floors: vacuuming and mopping.
- Cleaning bathrooms.
- Cleaning kitchens and dishes.
- Other cleaning projects approved by the Program Coordinator.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with residential cleaning.
- Experience working with older adults.
- Physically able to perform all the cleaning tasks listed above.
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies, cleaning equipment and practices.
- Ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with older adults.
- Good listening skills.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Undergo a criminal record check.
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality.
How to apply
All interested applicants can Apply Now! Send a resume and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may also be dropped off at the Village of Granisle office. For more information and full job description, call Wendy Curtis, Program Coordinator, at the Granisle Community Health Clinic 250-697-2251.