REMINDER TO PET OWNERS
This is a reminder to the pet owners in the Village of Granisle regarding the Animal Control Bylaw and licensing requirements as well as all associated fines thereof.
Dog licenses may be obtained at the Village of Granisle Office Monday through Friday.
Fees are as follows:
Neutered or Spayed: $5.00/year Unaltered: $10.00/year
- Any dog aged three months and older is required to have a license.
- In case of lost or destroyed dog tags a replacement tag may be purchased for $5.00.
- No more than three (3) licensed dogs shall be kept or harbored at any one time on land/premises occupied by their owners.
- No kennels are allowed within the Village of Granisle Boundaries.
- No owner shall permit or allow for any reason to have their dogs run at large.
- If a dog defecates on any public or private property other than the property of its owner, the owner shall clean up after their dog immediately.
- Residences or grounds where any dogs are kept shall at all times be maintained in a clean, sanitary and inoffensive condition.
- Dog shall be contained at all times on owner’s property and on leash at all times when off owner’s property.
- Noise Bylaw 341 (2001)No person shall keep any animal which by its call, cries, barks, or other noises disturbs or tends to disturb the quiet, peace, rest, enjoyment, comfort, or convenience of the neighborhood or of person(s) in the vicinity. In addition, Council believes that the following noises or sounds are objectionable: any calls, cries, barks, or other noises made by an animal which are audible outside the parcel or premises where the animal is kept, between 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Dogs running at large will be impounded and fines for such are as follows:
Unlicensed dog – first offence – $25.00 plus license fee
Licensed dog – 1st offense -$25.00
– 2nd offense – $50.00
– 3rd offense – $100.00
– 4th and subsequent impoundments in the same calendar year $200.00
-A maintenance fee of $7.50/day or part day of impoundment may be charged.
-For seizing and impounding a vicious dog $200.00 fine for each time said dog is impounded.
-Vicious dog license $200.00
The Corporation of the Village of Granisle
Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw No. 339, 2001
|Failure to license dog||4||$50.00|
|Failure to license a vicious dog||5||$50.00|
|Failure to use license||12||$50.00|
|More than 3 dogs||16||$50.00|
|Dog at large||18||$25.00|
|Causing damage to property||22||$100.00|
|Dog on prohibited land||23(1)||$50.00|
|Unconfined vicious dog||26(1)||$200.00|
|Un-muzzled vicious dog||26(3)||$200.00|
Noise Control Bylaw No. 341, 2001
|Animal noise which disturbs||3||$100.00|